Friends and fellow Bloggers,
I am honored and humbled today because declutteringmylifeweb has nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. This is my first Blogger award nomination, and I am deeply grateful for it. Declutteringmylifeweb has one of the more interesting blogs I’ve stumbled across as he (or she? I don’t know, hence the mystery!) seeks to close out a chapter of her (or his) life, clean out the remnants of their past, and figure out a new approach to the future. I suspect this brave and intelligent individual is a female based on this interesting post, but what does that matter really? It doesn’t to me, and I wish Decluttering all the best in her or his search, even more so now!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
According to Okoto Enigma, the award’s creator, “The `Mystery Blogger Award‘ is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.”
According to award creator Okoto Enigma, the rules are as follows:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog. (done)
- List the rules. (done)
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (done)
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (done)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself. (done)
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people. (done, 10)
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog. (will do after posting)
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify). (done)
- Share a link to your best post(s). (done)
3 Things About Me
- I have wanted to be a writer since I was 10 years old and in fifth grade but have only very recently begun to seriously and consistently write.
- When I was a child and people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I never considered answering, “A probation officer.” But I have been one for the past 13 & a half years now and consider myself lucky to have stumbled into this career and hope to be able to continue as one for many years.
- Nothing, I repeat NOTHING, is more important to me than providing for my wife, my daughter, and my son and doing everything in my power to ensure they each have a secure and fulfilling future.
My Nominees Are
- Steven Williams, my longest-tenured mutual-following Blogger and one of my most important influences not only for starting my blog but also for continuing it when I was ready to quit.
- Bill Khaemba. You never know what he’s going to read (and review) next.
- Elan Mudrow. One of the most eclectic & mysterious Bloggers I follow, he posts photos, poems, and more.
- Mikaela Faust. She doesn’t post often but has good ideas about feminism and social justice.
- Betsy. She beads, she writes, she posts some really interesting things.
- Kent Wayne. Okay, so it’s a totally transparent and unoriginal alias, but the dude is a successful and kick-ass PUBLISHED sci-fi author who also posts freakin’ AWESOME daily sci-fi shorts, short-shorts, and philosophical musings.
- Realiti, whose blog is diverse, interesting, and mysterious.
- Kaylee, a youngster who, despite her youth, posts interesting and mysterious poems, short stories, and random thoughts.
- The Agnostic Chick, a relatively new Blogger who’ll give you an interesting and mysterious take on Biblical scriptures.
- Isa, a young collegiate philosopher and Blogger-come-lately who posts intelligent explications of classic philosophical treatises.
My Answers to My Nominator’s 5 Questions
- On the rare occasions I still have birthday parties, I prefer others to organize them.
- If telepathy exists, I have not seen convincing proof of it since, when I was in 6th grade, my 2 then-best friends and I managed to convince ourselves that we were able to read each other’s minds by successfully guessing rudimentary words our subjects were thinking.
- What does “Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes” mean to me? It means that the way to live changes frequently based on time, environment, and circumstance, and those who can’t adapt to change are doomed to misery, failure, or early death.
- I do discuss the same topics in real life that I do on my blog OCCASIONALLY.
- What do you mean, Santa Claus does not exist?!? Of course Santa Claus exists! I may not be able to take your hand, walk you to his home, and introduce you to him, but I maintain that ANY entity wholeheartedly believed in by millions of people around the world EXISTS, whether that entity can be proven real or not.
5 Questions for My Nominees
- What criteria or criterion would most motivate you to continue blogging long-term?
- Other than blogging and generically “making a difference”, what do you most hope to accomplish during the limited length of life you’ve been granted?
- When you started blogging, did you ever imagine that you would be, or did you begin with the goal of someday being, nominated for a Blogger award?
- As a Blogger, what are your top 3 goals?
- (My weird or funny question): WHEN intelligent life is discovered outside the Solar System, will it be MORE intelligent and advanced than humanity, or less?
Links to Best Posts
Mine, a character sketch: “Morning Flight”
Mine, a song/poem: “Anna Lepsis”
Mine, a short story: “Riding High”
My favorite post of my gracious nominator declutteringmylifeweb’s: “Pando”
Thank you, declutteringmylifeweb, from the bottom of my heart!
Take care, be well, and happy blogging! Get busy with your own nominatitons!